Friday, October 22, 2010

The Windy City

Eric had a conference in Chicago last weekend, and he's been there before and knew I would love it, so I made a really quick trip there.  I'm so glad I did, because Chicago is something else.  It's so big and overwhelming.  There are people walking everywhere and Lake Michigan is so big it looks like an ocean.  It is so much fun to visit and explore but I couldn't live there, I'm more of a suburbs kind of girl.   We had a blast, there was so much to see in such a short time. 
We met up with our friends, Jeremy and Christina.
...and talked them into doing the Urbanathalon with us.  Christina and I decided to do it before we even knew that Mario Lopez might help us over the final obstacle. 
The morning of the race.  
It was a really fun race, just over 9 miles with obstacles throughout like climbing over tires, monkey bars; stairs; climbing over a bus etc.
The girls did a relay and the boys did the whole thing.
Me and my super hot hubby after the race.
After the race we walked an additional 7 miles seeing the sites.
like the bean.  





This building they taped a section of Transformers here with cars coming out this building into the water.  

Kamryn coloring her Chicago T-shirt we got her.
She's so talented.  
After a summer of travels, we're staying in one place for a while.  My parents will be happy to know.  But the crazy has not stopped because tomorrow we're having a big birthday party for our big girl.  

Thanks mom and dad for taking care of our angels so I can travel to fun places like Chicago.  Perks of living close to amazing grandparents. 

8 remarks:

Anonymous said...

Wow. 3 hours without any comments ha! So far...this post was TOTALLY worth your time!

Ruby said...

Don't be mean Garreth....some of the commenters are still sleeping :-)

You are one lucky lady Samantha to be able to do all this travelling, a husband that spoils you so much and the best parents. Enjoy!

Christina Mangelson said...

I should have put some make-up on before the race. Even some mascara would have helped me A LOT!

The race was so much fun and I loved spending time with you and Eric. Eric, I already miss all the political talk :(

Can't wait for our next trip. Jeremy definitely wants a white beach in the Carribean.

Dan and Melissa said...

Wow what an amazing trip! Just like you and Eric to combine fun with a major work-out! Good for you!
I might have considered it too for Mario Lopez to "help" me over the finish line too;)

Sharon & George said...

I love looking after those beautiful babies. I do wish we could have come also, if only to see Christina again. Love you.

The du Toit Family said...

Chicago must have been amazing ...

Nades said...

WOW Chicago looks amazing! okey when i come next we are so taking a trip up there!

XXX

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Gar,

I think every post you should say something smart ass like that so that people will want to comment to prove what a pessimist you really are.

Love you.