Tuesday, October 5, 2010

O-N-E

I honestly CAN'T believe that our Dylan Slater is already one. This post is one month LATE, for a couple of reasons. Maybe I've been a bad mommy and went away over his birthday or maybe it's because I've tried to avoid it; because my baby couldn't possibly be 1, right?  

I am loving how I'm getting glimpses of his sweet personality...
but I'm not loving how I have to chase this little man around everywhere. Yes, we walk the halls of church for 3 hours. 
I finally came to my senses and realized that avoiding a party wouldn't mean he's not one
so we put on our party hats and blew out a candle.
He didn't really know what to make of all the attention and the cake
but after a couple of tastes he...
pretty much devoured it.
Kamryn's favorite part was the presents.  Ok fine, my part too:)
It's taken Dylan exactly one year to realize that my dad is more of a teddy bear than a grizzly.  But now they're BEST FRIENDS.
We're completely IN LOVE with this boy.  
Believe me, you would be too.  
He makes me want to do this all over again.  
shhh. don't tell anyone I said that.

7 remarks:

The du Toit Family said...

He is such a handsome little fellow .... and I say this all the time, the birthday's just come one after the other, and in no time they are all grown up .... enjoy every moment!

Erixgirl said...

Happy belated birthday Little Stud!! That cake looks yummy!!!!

Marc and Stacy said...

I love that little boy. Such a sweetheart! Can't believe how fast time flies!

Sarah said...

WOW. I can't believe hes 1 already! So crazy how fast babies grow up.

HeaTheR & ChRiS said...

he's so cute!

Tarah said...

he is seriously so adorable! what a handsome little guy, happy belated birthday!

RachelBarker said...

HAppy Birthday to Mr. stud muffin!!!!! He is adorable!!! I want to see you, love you