Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Weekend

Our weekend began with a field trip day at preschool. I completely forgot it was dress up.  I felt like the WORST mommy in the world. I asked her if she wanted to go home and get her costume on and she said "no,  I just want to play".  

Luckily we improvised with a torn tutu, so her outfit could have been a rebel princess.
I love how confident she is...
and how she didn't care that she was the only one not dressed up.
Kami and Dorothy aka Montana.
Boy had fun eating cupcakes and Kamryn preferred to put grapes in her basket instead of candy.
Then to kick start Halloween, we went to a Par-tay at the White's Haunted House.
It's spooky how much fun we had.
The Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts
were caught making out.

We had a dance off.

The cold ones were really hot

Saturday morning we went to a pumpkin patch
Dylan loved all the mud and jumping with the big kids.


For our ward party, we did a family theme. 
Everyone knew that Kamryn was Alice...
But had a hard time distinguishing that Dylan was the Cheshire Cat and even a boy for that matter.  
How could they not see it???
Because of the gender confusion last night, we decided for Halloween to put his other manlier costume on.  
He was the CUTEST astronaut ever.
Trick or treating ouma and oupa's house.
The Stash...
Kami is on a sugar high, still running around upstairs when she should be dreaming. 
Hope everyone had a great halloween, I'm going to go end our weekend watching a scary movie with Eric and stealing some candy from the Stash.

12 remarks:

Dan and Melissa said...

Soooo cute SAM! Kami look so beautiful and Dylan (well) I honestly can't believe how big and handsome he is!

Nades said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! o my goodness! they are just the cutest! fyi she gets her confidence from her mommy! :)
love ya! X

The du Toit Family said...

Your kids are so cute ..... love and miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Awe, they are sooo cute! Dylan just kills me in that astronaut costume! He is so big I can't believe it...and handsome! I am so excited to hang out with them over T-giving! I also love yours and Eric's costume...very cute!
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Dude...dig the pics. That lil' Dyl-man is turning out to be quite the looker. Reminds me of myself:) That pic of him in that styling green jacket makes me wander if you raided my closet. I love the pic of him looking back while Kami waits for Ouma and Oupa to open the door. Have nothing really funny to say today (which is kinda disappointing).

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Gar I can't believe you're not going to make some smart ass comment about our awesome outfits or my cool pose on the tractor. Come on... wait, maybe you're saving them for thansgiving.

Rochelle said...

I loved your family idea. Really cute! You can tell you guys are having so much fun!

Erixgirl said...

You guys looked FABULOUS!!! But, you always do....what's new?

He was adorable as the cat....but definitely manly (and still adorable) as the handsome astronaut!!

Isa had a blast with her buddy, Kami, and keeps talking about her and how much fun they had hanging out. Good times!!!!

ash and jay said...

You two love birds looked so fabulous at the Trunk or Treat! I just adore your kiddies too! I just realized that I spelled Dylan's name wrong on my blog.....so sorry, Sammy! Dylan is sooooo handsome in both of his costumes.....i just wanna eat him up!

Cindy and Rob said...

your outfits are so stikin cute. Everyone is so cute. Definatly the best dressed out of everyone and adrie did such a good job decorating. I bet you guys had a blast. Hopefully Rob and I will be able to go with you guys next year. It looked like a lot of fun.
I love the outfit that Dylan wore. He is so chil happy go lucky

Sharon & George said...

Loved Kamryns party. I was tickled pink when she would open a gift and even if it was clothes and not a toy, she would look at it and say "Oh, I just love it, thankyou" How cute is that? Kamryn is the cutest Alice in Wonderland and Dylan the cutest Cheshire Cat/ Astronald ever. Is that Mark and Stacy dressed up as drakula?

Christina Mangelson said...

I'll say what Garreth didn't.....you two look freakin AMAZING in your costumes. The pose on the tractor...um....well......

Your kids are so beautiful and I have no idea why Garreth thinks Dylan reminds him of himself ;) Dylan looks just like his daddy :)

Whoever threw that party did a FANTASTIC job!